Monday, December 29, 2008

Green Smoothie Greetings from Sunny California!

World In A Drop photo by Audrey Michael
Hi All,

As a novice blogger, I have been wondering what I could even say that would attract anyone to my blog... one of the tips for overcoming anxiety regarding public speaking is to take the focus off of self and ask, "What would I like to share with these people?"... maybe the same question could work for public writing?

I created and implemented a three month raw/living vegan food plan yesterday... I have been "transitioning" to raw/living food for two years now... with much yo-yoing and starting over... it reminds me of what I have seen with those who quit smoking... they quit over and over until it finally sticks and they are free of cigarettes... I am confident that will work for my cooked food addiction as well.

Fortunately (who knew I could be thankful for asthma), I finally got ill enough to be motivated to get serious and accomplish my goal... I feel better already... and so far, eating only fresh raw fruits and vegetables is much easier than it ever has been before.

I have said many times that raw/living veganism is not a religion... I like to be flexible and not try to convert others to my beliefs... well, I think for three months I am going to make it my religion... not the part about converting others, but focusing and transforming my life for the better.

Well, I want to keep these posts short and sweet... we'll see how that works out :).

Joy and blessings,

Patricia A'amina

No comments:

Post a Comment